Wednesday 7 November 2012

Nailed On The River

This was my last chance for a score before hitting Vegas. There were about 100 entries. I got a few chips together and after 3 levels I was sitting on 20k with average being about 12.

I got involved in a big hand on an interesting J K A A A board . I thought the Ace on the river mean,t that my QK was now good enough for a minimum of a chop, but the villain had the final ace and I was mortally wounded.

From then on it was a battle to just to keep up with the blinds. With blinds at 300/ 600  an early position raiser had raised to 1800 so I pushed my last 3600 chips in blind, the rest of the table folded and he turns A 3.
I look at my cards and I,ve got 6,7 off suit. A six comes out and I,m doubled up to 8100.

Couple of hands later I pick up 7, 3 off suit in the BB and I,m delighted when noone raises. Flop comes out 7, 3, J with 2 clubs. SB checks, I check, button bets. I repop him and jam all in. He flips over AK clubs and we.re off to the races...

Ace on the turn, means I,m still good but more outs for him... boom! club on the river and I,m toast.



No comments:

Post a Comment