Saturday 3 November 2012

Decent Result

I,ll probably only play 2 more tournaments before heading out to Vegas again. I managed a decent 4th place finish out of the 80 runners yesterday so cashed for about £400. I played pretty solid nitty poker for first few hours which gave me the slack for pulling off some decent bluffs in later stages, and I managed to avoid any of the coin flip situations that can break you in the early levels.

First few levels were pretty card dead but I managed to find some some nice spots in the later stages:

Early position raiser min raises my big blind, SB calls as do I with 57o. Flop come 2, 5, 7 raiser shoves, SB folds I call and his Jacks don,t improve.
Same guy 4 bets me pre flop when I,m holding aces and eventually folds to my 5 bet

Two guys busted on the same hand when we were waiting on the bubble to burst with 3 pocket pairs being all in pre.
When I got to the final table, blinds and antes were 4k/8k/500  average stack was about 100k basically 10bbs. It was 9 places paid so we done a deal that the 10th place would be paid as well to open the game up a bit and right enough a few guys busted pretty early so we went down to 5 players pretty quickly.

Four Queens

 I'd lost a couple of hands early on having folded to the 4 bet when I pick up pocket queens and put in a raise,  the Chip leader reraises me all in-  I call and he flips over AK. First card in the window is an ace, so I get out of my seat say "nice hand" and about to leave the table when a queen hits on the turn and I,m back in action.

Two hands later and I get pocket queens again. I raise the  early position limper for about half of my stack and he calls. Flop comes down Ace, 7, 9 and I jam the last of my chips in. He instacalls and flips over ace 7, I don,t catch my 2 outer and I,m out. No real complaints, quite happy with the decent run the A7 call was a bit loose but, ultimately you pay your money and you can play any cards you like. I decided to commit my stack preflop no matter what came out which is pretty bad play I guess but, I was also trying to rep the big ace anyway. The guy was a bit of a station so I suspect even if I,d pushed pre. I would have got called off. Ah well, onto the next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment