Monday 28 January 2013

Royal flush, £2k won and lost and 2 free beers

After taking a bit of a whipping the previous night I was looking forward to a change in fortunes.
I had a maniac table. You got a 5k starting stack with another 5k for your double chance. With blinds at 25/50 the had already been 3 all ins in the opening 10 minutes or so.
i managed to build up my stack to about 30k before the 1st break courtesy of 2 hands. one was pocker Aces, and the other was a 5,3 of hearts when I did an outrageous suckout on a guy who had 10,5 on a A,5,5 board. Treble up for me.
Last hand before the break and I,m not involved in a hand but 3 guys are all in. Last guy to turn his cards says "I,ve got nothing" and flips over his qj of hearts, the board is A, 10, hearts and a blank. The turn comes King of hearts and he just hit the Royal flush.
Thats a £1100 payout plus a nice treble up on the last hand for him. He offers to buy the table a round of drinks for the table after the break "Just don,t take the piss" are his parting words.



I came back from the break and I,ve got a pint, but never one to say no to another, I order another beer on my Royal Flush man,s tab. The waitress takes off and an Irish guy who,s sitting opposite me dumps about £2000 worth of chips next to his stack, he,s just had a huge win at the roulette in the break and says, "Round of drinks for the table". I,ve now got 3 pints to get through, things are looking up.
Mr C has been moved to my table but, he doesn,t last long after running into pocket rockets.
I,m cutting through the field without really ever getting a decent stack but I am running good... I suckout again with A2 v Ak when I,m super short and then finish the same player off shortly after when her pocket kings are no match for my might sooted AJ. I knock out 2 players shortly after when my AK flattens two ace rag jams, and its the final table, with 10 players and 9 prizes.

The guy who hit the royal flush earlier wants to chop the whole pot for about 270 each, after much negotiation 150 each is agreed on with the remainder going to the top four places. the irish guy who won at the roulette is at the table as well, his demeanour has gone from someone who is carefree and very happy with life to someone who is less so. Eventually he says "I can,t f***** believe I just stuck 2 grand back on the roulette". He busts out a couple of minutes later.

9 players then 8, then 7 blinds and antes are getting meaty. Table folds round to me in the sb, I,ve got Ace rag and the table rock to my left who is getting quite low on chips, i jam all in - happy to take the blinds and ante,s he snap calls with 9,s and my stack takes a bit hit. I,m now under 10bb. I pick up another ace rag, I raise it, guy ships on me and I fold, this isn,t quite going to plan. I,m down to 4bb and I,m in the bb. SB goes all in, I look at J2 and fold. I,m now going all in no matter what so I shove in blind when the table obligingly folds round to my sb. the rock hums and haws before calling with 8, 9 of hearts. I might well be good here, I turn over my first card and its a 2 of clubs, I turn over the 2nd and its a 6 of spades. Oh balls. No help on the flop and I,m busto in 6th.

I,m up for the night and giving the cash tables a swerve for tonight.
Bitter sweet, a profit for the 2 nights at the tournaments and predictably my cash game results get off to a crap start - one session played, 2 buy ins down.

1 comment: