Tuesday 6 November 2012

Interesting hand - The Hooks

I played an interesting hand online the other night against someone who is playing at a higher level than I can ever hope to achieve or understand.

It was a 50/50 10 seat SNG with a 7$ entry fee. It was only the 3rd hand into the tournament, so we were still at 10/20 with a starting stack of 1500 a reassuring 75 big blinds.
I pick up pocket jacks in the BB and its folded round to the SB who just limps.
I put in a 3x raise to 60 and the SB calls
.
Flop comes down a harmless looking 7 5 5 rainbow. The SB checks and I c-bet to 90. The SB re-raises to180. At this point I think the guy can only have a couple of hands - either he's caught a 5 or more likely something like Ace 7 or k 7. Other possibilities 4 6 or 6 8 - pocket 5's even or nothing. I don't think the guy actually has anything, certainly an overpair to mine seems highly unlikely with the lack of preflop raising, so I re-raise it to 360.
The SB then raises again to 480. After due consideration I think, if he's got it he's got it, I choose to jam all the chips in. - I,m all in for 1500, bear in mind this hand started at 10/20.
Anyway the SB instacalls and flips over k, 4 off! No pair, no draw. Nice call.
Turn card is a king and I,m dusted. Mmmmm



3 comments:

  1. Clairavoyent poker maybe? Shitty luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occasionally we need a rude reminder of just how stupid some of the players out there are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this many times online. I was always a little dubious. Then just a few weeks ago i seen an almost replica play in a Live game by a player I thought was fairly tight....I nearly fell over when the King hit on the turn....very spooky poker.

    ReplyDelete