Saturday 16 March 2013

Good run continues.

I managed another decent result in last nights tournament. I got 3rd place out of about 70 players.

I got a real help about half way through the tournament with 1 big hand where I raised with pocket 4's.
The board came down jj8, I c-bet the flop and got 2 callers. turn card was a 4 so I bet again, one of the guys calls again and the other guy reraises.

 I flat his raise to keep the other guy in and then the last guy shoves all in, as does player 2 and I call as well. one guy turns over AJ and the other KJ!! River bricks and I,ve got a decent stack.

I got to the final table, as one of the short stacks-as usual, and basically ground my way through until we got down to the last 3. The chip leader who I had been picking off quite nicely for most of the night, limped in the SB to me and I picked up AQ. I put a decent raise in up to about 60k blinds were 12000/6000/500 and had about 140k so I was pretty much commiting myself anyway. He calls, the flop comes down 9, 10, j. He checks, I c-bet, he shoves all in and I call the bet.
He turns over 10, 8 of hearts so we,ve both got the same straight draw buts he,s already hit. Turn and river bricks and I,m busto in 3rd.
Its been a good week - I,ve got another £430 towards the Vegas battle fund! Thats about £1400 this week, This is accumulating quicker than I had envisaged! I also picked up another free seat for a promotional £100 game in April so I,ll get to sell one of them as well.

1 comment: