Wednesday 13 March 2013

Biggest Win Of Year - Vegas sorted!

I managed my biggest win of the year to date and my 1st outright win. I,ve played 12 live tourneys and cashed in 4 of them.

Structure was:
4k start stack
5k first add on
6k 2nd add on.
There were 70 odd players.

I thought I wouldn,t make it to the 1st break at one stage. I blew my initial stack after running Jacks in to Kings. Got my add on, and dusted that hitting King high flush v Ace high flush. I then raised pre with pocket kings, got 2 callers, I c bet the q high flop and called the all in re-raise bet on the queen high flop - guy had AQ, and no ace came...
From then on in I ground my way along with no real stack until making the final table.

Final table chipcounts were: me on about 55k, one guy had about 35k and the other 7 players had between 150-200k each.

The table was a great laugh, and shortstack 2 was playing pretty unorthodox poker. He would jam all in with K-10, K - J, or K-Q and proudly show them, but muck his rag aces. The guy to my right raised my blind every single time - if someone else hadn,t - and I could be too patient as blinds were 6k/3k. I survived the 1st after jamming with A7 off to his raise - J 10 showed and missed. Jammed again with pocket tens a while later and survived v AJ

With 7 places paid yours truly and shortstack 2 were hoping for a couple of early bust outs to make the cash - and we got them. The two of us then carried on shipped all in as required for about another 2 or 3 hours before the next guy went out - it was a total war of attrition, and the big stacks just could not put us out.

When the next guy finally went we were down to 6 and it went quick after that. I hit a nice patch of cards and I think I knocked pretty much all of them out. I,d  button raised with a suited 8, 5 and turned a flush v 2 pr, 1st one knocked out, called an All in with 10,s v 9,s - they held. Called another jam with AK and it held, Can,t remember the last one, but we ended up heads up with me massive chip leader. We done a bit of a deal with the prize money and I walked with £950. And that was that. Sweet as a nut. Only downer was the 5am finish, as I was up at 7am for work!

Vegas travel fund sorted - might even get a bit of a bank roll together for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment