Thursday 30 May 2013

Final table appearance.

BB defender (me) calls a min raise with 10, 5 off.  (Bit loose, but there was a bit of history..)
Flop comes 6 high - 2,3, 6 in fact. 
The Raiser puts in a smallish c-bet. I float call...
turn comes another 6. this is a good bluff card me thinks, I bet out with a decent sized bet into the raiser. Unfortunately for me he calls. 
The river comes a sweet little 4. My hand is so disguised he can,t put me on it. I shove all in - not much more maybe 10 bigs. He eventually calls, he folds face down when he sees my cards and hits the roof. "How can you call with that.....etc".

The moral of this is....nothing, variance in poker is mad. This hand kept me in the tournament when I should have been blown out. The Villain probably had somewhere between aces and jacks. I went on to nail 8th place from about 160. That was a decent run for me and a decent cash. I should have done better as well, but got crippled with queens v AK, and never really recovered any momentum.
Still, a pretty sweet result after 2 days of full on poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment