Sunday 19 May 2013

Back To winning ways

I got back to winning ways with a 3rd place finish from about 50 players. Enroute tI had to survive a large number of coin flips.
I think most players think they are unluckier than most and you can,t help but remember the bad beats, but really every time your low pocket pair doubles up against two overs you are essentially flipping as the percentages are so marginal.
Some key hands on the way..
Had a decent start:
  1. Pocket Queens doubling v AK
  2. Then pocket Kings lost to q8 - turn and river are eights
  3. Flopped a set of eights v pocket aces but the aces improved into nut flush.
  4. Then got a triple up when I flopped open ended straight flush draw and shipped it, got called by 2 pair and I turned a straight.
Eventually with 5 players left and just over £2150 in pot, we did chop for £400 each and played out for the last £150 and 2 seats for £110 game.
I was down to about 5bb when I shipped from SB.  Q5ss got looked up by ace rag and I,m toast.


No comments:

Post a Comment