Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sent to the rail by 5 3 offsuit.

40 players made it through to Day 2 in total. I was about 36th in chips so it was always going to be a bit of a struggle, it started off brightly enough, I got a few chips early on to give me a bit of time, but the blinds and ante,s starting catching up, I was at under 10BB when I shipped a low pocket pair on the button and got it through to get up to about 20k.
Next hand I picked up A 10h, I raised to 8,000 with blinds at 2000,1000,200, only the big blind calls. Flop comes down J 6 3. BB checks, I shove, he calls and shows 5 3 off for bottom pair 5 kicker, no redemption on turn or river and I,m ash. Hmmm.
27th place from 120 odd. Not quite how I,d planned it.

Simon Appleby took down about £10k for first place.

2 comments:

  1. The player must have had a mountain chips in order to call ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he would have been at about 20bb, so it wasn,t an obvious call, he was putting in an extra 10% of his stack to defend with 5 high. I think it would go down as a pretty loose call no matter how you look at it. As for history, I hadn,t raised his blind at all previous and had only turned over decent cards in show downs. He never made the final table, so he maybe tried this once too often!

    ReplyDelete