Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stone Faced


Golden Nugget London

 I went in for the Saturday tournament. The tournament was pretty lame, I think there were only 20 players or so, and I never cashed, but I got a seat at the cash table after, which was  a pretty chilled game.
The thing I remember best about it was the guy a couple of seats to my left who had sunglasses on and a total stone faced expression. It was early in the morning probably 4 - 5 am just before they closed up and everyone was pretty knackered, I'd put quite a hefty raise in on a total bluff hoping to get the guy to fold. He sat there cool as a cucumber for the longest I can remember dwelling on the bet, with me clearly about to lose a chunk if he calls. I'm getting more and more convinced I was busted. After a pause of what must have been about 5 minutes, one of the guys at the table said "I think he's fallen asleep" and nudged him. He promptly woke up and folded his hand. Ha ha.
It was a nice feeling walking through the deserted streets afterwards to Kings Cross with a pocket full of notes. Lasted about 2 minutes on the train before I fell asleep and woke up at at home. Perfect

1 comment: